We are currently fully staffed however this is a very fluid (pun intended) industry and things can change quickly.
So if you meet the requirements below please feel free to send a resume to us.
- An active teaching status PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or higher)
- Holder of instructor liability insurance
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. work permit
GREAT EXTRAS (but they don’t count as much as ATTITUDE
- USCG Master’s license (50 ton and over)
- Foreign Language
- Knowledge of diesel engines (especially Caterpillar)
- Knowledge of BAUER Compressors
Our philosophy is to hire for ATTITUDE. PADI has trained you to teach scuba diving, we’ll train you to work for us,
YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE.
“The beatings will continue until morale improves”
Our reputation with our customers is one of providing highly personalized service and having fun doing it. Our divers become our friends. We have fun with them on the boat and in the shop, we wind up seeing them around the island, they ask our advice about diving, things to do, where to eat, where to party, what is the meaning of life?
The last line in our business plan reads: “Very few people have every gotten rich in the scuba diving business, but it is possible to make a return on an investment and have fun doing it.”
To apply for an instructor position with SCUBA, send us a resume and include a photo of yourself. Just about anyway you can get it to us is OK with us.
Attention: Ed Buckley
MAIL : SCUBA
1104 Strand Street, Suite 109
Christiansted, VI 00820
UPS: If you have enough money to afford FedEx or UPS to the island you don’t need to work.
SHOWING UP IN PERSON IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST WAY but we realize that it requires a substantial risk on your part.
TWO OTHER POINTS:
- We demand a strict adherence to PADI’s training standards.
- All dive staff must submit to a pre-employment drug screen (at their own cost) and will be a participant in a random drug testing program as mandated by the U.S. Coast Guard. (Random tests are at our expense)